Last evening was a weird one, I had planned a few activities for myself and was on schedule however I just thought lets watch tv for a while. I knew that sometimes a while can turn out to be hours but then I was hooked. Just switching between channels I came across this title “Blue Umbrella” a movie on some channel for kids. I found the title so intriguing that I decided to postpone my activities, take a break and watch the movie.Now I am not sure if any of you have seen it, in a gist it’s a story of a little shepherd girl who lives in a hill station and finds herself a very beautiful blue Japanese umbrella which gets her a lot of attention and admiration, not only
from localites but also from tourists. Despite the attention, it’s the sheer company of the umbrella keeps her blissful. It was like a person itself to her. Now there is another character, who is a local snack shop owner and is known for tricking people into getting their valuables of a much higher value by tempting them or giving credit on the stuff he sells. He has taken quite a fancy for the umbrella and even inquires its cost from the market. He finds that it’s a rare Japanese make and is worth around Rs.2500/- (which is a lot for them) and would have to be brought from the next metropolitan Delhi. He tries to lure the girl in all possible ways but she doesn’t relent into his persuasions. One day the umbrella goes missing and hell breaks loose. The girl has lost her everything… she doesn’t eat, sleep, smile.Ok well if interested you better see the movie, its got a good direction and excellent narration, and plagiarizing the story wasn’t really the intention of this post.
As I was watching the movie, as usual I placed myself in the protagonist (or atleast who I thought was the protagonist (little girl)) place and could somehow relate to her. I mean we all have our blue umbrella’s in life. Even though we value it a lot but there are time we might loose it due to our negligence. I mean it could be anything or anyone for that matter. I was thinking the pain and agony is the same, because our attachment was of the same nature. We can’t really argue that it was only an object, loosing a person would have been worse. It has had the same affect on the person who lost it. I know I have lost my blue umbrella, and it became even more important for me to see the movie to its end to find a solution to it.
The story simply marvelled me. I thought it was a predictable one and even though it was to most extent the essence left me surprised and thinking about it. I then realised it was just a story and I was desperately trying to find meaning in to it, a solution in my life that I found the movie and especially its end inexplicable. But now to think of it, in many ways it was the most practical end I guess. I was still sitting and pondering over it, when my mom came and reminded me of my chores. While we were at them, I asked mom about the meaning of the story. Lol its been ages after I have asked my mom to explain a story to me. It felt good. :D She although could tell me the most obvious thing and shrugged it off, saying just accept it and get back to making the garland’s for your Krishna.
Then suddenly it struck me….Yeah, Krishna…My blue boy. I have the painting hanging right over my head, and he was smiling at me. Sigh! I life, you might
Hare Krishna!

PS- You really need to see the movie, or ask me later to mail in detail the story to understand my state of mind and what exactly I meant or trying to portray with this post. Even better am sure it will have some nice reviews if you google it.
No comments:
Post a Comment